It's Episode 3 of our "Staff Rides" feature series, and this time you get to meet Shaun's rad & ratty Sporty Chopper!!
(Retail Manager, Online Orders, Dreadlock Enthusiast, Maple Syrup Purveyor)
Q: What's ya ride?
A: '96 swing arm Sporty chop - the cheese is old and mouldy.
Q: How long ya had it?
A: Sold the last one to a bud to do this one up, maybe 6 months? Bought it cheap to make it creep.
Q: What've ya done to it?
A: From front to back....
- 2" over Meatball springer with dual triangles and pins.
- Rusty front fender and hood ornament.
- Stainless Buckhorn bars pulled from a swamp bike, on drilled out Biltwell risers. Squeaky Maneki Neko cat.
- Wannabe Chopper levers, indicator buttons and master cylinder.
- TC Bros single cable throttle, metal flake el cheapo grips and nirvana mirrors.
- 1.6gal (6 ltr) ultra narrow fuel tank with Wannabe flying eyeball gas cap & weld-in fuel sight down top.
- Speedo & coil relocation, ignition delete replaced with a secret start sequence and hidden start/kill/horn switches.
- Solenoid direct start, EZ mixture screw, Wannabe Choppers handmade sandcast air filter, points, carby and master cylinder covers.
- TC Bros upswept exhaust (straight thru) - complete with melted shoe sole and rain pants baked on
- Motor is an 883XL with 1275 Hammer Performance kit with stock heads and gearing for max torque
- Sully's King & Queen seat and custom Rogue Sissy Bar on a slammed ass-end, with raw bobbed fender, Lucas tail light and pins over a 500-16 E270 tyre
- Finished with obligatory sissy scarf for effect... and a slew of other custom bits and bobs smattered around.
Keeps changing as bits continue to rattle and break off on the road...
Q: What makes it special?
A: It almost always starts.
Q: What inspired the build?
A: Impracticality and discomfort.
Q: What else ya got planned for it?
A: Melt it down into a nifty pocket watch... that doesn't keep time.... and leaks.
Q: Any regrets? Anything you've had troubles with? Anything you'd do differently?
A: Undoing that first bolt, and every one that followed.
Haha, jokes... no RAGRETS, nah I'm sayin'.
Q: What do ya love most about it?
A: Puts out on the first date.
Q: What's your next project?
A: A case of Guinness and a robot girlfriend.